Exhibition Assistance grants assist individual visual artists, craft artists and media artists with costs directly related to preparation for a confirmed, upcoming exhibition. The program provides grants of $500 to $1,500 to assist with costs related to presenting their work in an exhibition. These costs may include materials, framing and presentation, crating and transportation. A letter from the gallery or exhibition organizer confirming the applicant’s participation is required as part of the application. Submissions will be evaluated according to Ontario Arts Council and Sur Gallery’s guidelines.
- Students enrolled full-time in undergraduate or graduate studies are not eligible
- Professional visual artists or craft artists
- Canadian citizens or landed immigrants
- Residents of Ontario
- Exhibitions in Ontario, in other Canadian provinces and in international locations
Sur Gallery’s Guidelines
- Artistic merit and the impact of the project relative to career development
- Emphasis on emerging to mid-career culturally diverse artists
- New directions in artist’s practice
- Support local and international exhibitions
- Get guidelines form www.arts.on.ca
- Complete the proposal package
- Requests must clearly outline in what ways the grant will assist the artist in their exhibition
Deadline: June 15, 2017 at 5pm.
Info session scheduled for Thursday, May 18, 2017 has been postponed to Thursday, June 8, 2017, 6-8pm.
For more information please contact Marta Keller at info(at)surgallery.ca or call 416-654-7787
Submit Proposals in PDF format (under 5 MB) by email with subject: OAC Exhibition Assistance Grant at info(at)surgallery.ca Include any video links in your email.