Sur Gallery is a beautiful, multi-purpose space available for short-term rental. Uses might include visual arts exhibitions (in all media including painting, drawing, sculpture, craft, design, new media and installation), gathering/meeting space, or public/private events such as book launches, receptions, etc.
The gallery is located east of Yonge St at 39 Queens Quay East, a short walk from Queens Quay streetcar station. It is easily accessible by public transit and a parking lot is located nearby on Queens Quay.
- The space measures approximately 900 square feet and ceilings are 8 feet high. The walls are drywall for ease of hanging work. Lighting is supplied by tracks with adjustable spotlight fixtures that can light both the walls and the centre of the room simultaneously.
- The gallery includes a one-piece bathroom and a small kitchen area with sink and tea kettle
- A bar zone, a lounge, and a courtyard available.
- The gallery is wheelchair accessible.
- Plinths, benches and coat racks included. Additional equipment is available for rent.
For more details see the Gallery Floor Plan
Rental rates are the following:
$200 for 3 hours, general
$150 for 3 hours, non-profit/collectives/artists/members
$300 per day, general
$250 per day, non-profit/collectives/artists/members
$1,500 a week, general
$1,250 a week, non-profit/collectives/artists/members
Conditions for rentals:
A 50% deposit must be paid in full at the time of reservation. LACAP accepts direct deposits, cheques and cash. The renter is fully responsible for the maintenance of the venue during the rental period, and will sign a letter of agreement to that effect. Sur Gallery is open Tuesday and Wednesday 10am-2:30pm, Thursday and Friday noon to 6pm and Saturday 11am-5pm. Any other additional times must be negotiated and mentioned under the letter of agreement.
Exhibitions require pre-approval from Sur Gallery's Director/Curator
We welcome proposals from collectives, non-profit arts organizations or individuals for public or private events. For rental inquiries, estimates, and bookings please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org